The people themselves begin to understand and to clamor for an education which shall qualify their children for life rather than for earning a living. As a matter of fact, it is the man who has read and thought on many subjects who is, with the necessary training, the most capable whether in handling tools, drawing plans, or keeping books. The more a person we succeed in making a child, the better will he both fulfill his own life and serve society.
- Charlotte Mason
Ambleside Schools International inspires, trains and equips a global community of member schools and educators to provide and propagate a “living education” as described by Charlotte Mason for the global reformation of Christian education in the 21st century.
In pursuit of this mission, Ambleside Schools International:
- Articulates the virtues of an Ambleside/Charlotte Mason education.
- Provides member schools with teacher and leadership training, curriculum and instructional resources.
- Offers training, consultation and curriculum support to homeschool parents.
- Supports the founding of Ambleside Schools.
- Promotes friendship, collaboration, and professional exchange among the Ambleside community.
- Develops accreditation standards for Ambleside Schools.
- Dialogs with other education renewal movements.
- Ensures that Ambleside Schools are accessible to the socially and economically marginalized.
Ambleside Schools International is a 501c(3) non-profit corporation. Ambleside Schools International does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in any of its policies or programs.